Uncork & Unwind (19+)
Paintbrush in one hand, glass of wine in the other! Everything looks better through rosé-coloured glasses. Every month, we host a painting party. Here's what's coming up:
- September 8 – Picasso Portraits, 7-9pm: Click here to register.
- Draw inspiration from Picasso to create an abstracted portrait painting. Enjoy some wine while you have fun imagining alternate placements for facial features and choosing colours that may be un-true to life!
- Includes 1 glass of wine; additional glasses may be purchased for $5.
- Fee: $40 (includes materials)
- October 13 – Stick a Pin in It, 7-9pm: Click here to register.
- Love and prosperity, or pain and revenge? Make your own effigy doll and send some good (or bad) vibrations. No sewing experience required – with these creations, the uglier the better!
- November 17 – Bird & Tree Silhouettes, 7-9pm: Click here to register.
- Explore colour while learning some techniques to use to create a dynamic, painterly backgrounds then layer silhouettes of birds and trees to create your own nature-inspired artwork.
- December 8 – Printed Greeting Cards, 7-9pm: Click here to register.
- Using soft rubber blocks and carving tools you will create your own printing blocks that can be printed multiple times to make your own holiday greeting cards.
These dates don't work for you? No problem! We also book private parties. We offer several different activities for up to 12 people! Pick your poison:
- Socialize over a glass (or two, or THREE) of wine. Let your inner artist shine!
Talented When Tipsy:
- Print a collection of personalized cards, trade with your friends, and set yourself up for the year. You are especially talented when tipsy!
Bling Your Underthings:
- Join Za Baronesse, local burlesque dancer and costuming mistress, to turn your underthings into something worthy of a Vegas showgirl! Bring your own bra and/or panties to cut, glue, and bling the h*** out of! Expect to do some dancing - this is a party, after all!
Stick a Pin In It:
- Love and prosperity, or pain and revenge? Make your own voodoo doll and send some good (or bad) vibrations. No sewing experience required - with these creations, the uglier the better!
- Chardonnay your way to being the hottest hostess in town. Make a block printed tea towel, and they`ll be lining up to do your dishes!
Each party includes:
- 2 hours of art-making and socializing
- personal art facilitator for you and your friends (8-12 people)
- one glass of wine per person (additional glasses $5 each)
- nibblies (chips, pretzels)
- art supplies
- 8 people: $420 +tax
- 10 people: $450 +tax
- 12 people: $480 +tax
Full payment is due at time of booking. Members receive a 10% discount. For more information or to book, call 250-614-7800.