July 15 to October 9, 2011
Part of the Pinetreeline radar defence complex, the Baldy Hughes Air Station was established in 1952 and had a significant impact upon the community of Prince George where it was built. Dykhuis and McElroy have conducted extensive research into the history of the base and will produce a site-specific installation based on the geodesic domes used at the site. Included in the exhibition will be archival photographs taken by base personnel, brochures and period documents as well as wall text pertaining to the history and role of the station particularly up until its closure in 1988.
Click here to see what's currently going on!